Monday, September 25, 2017

Moving like 80mph molasses

the first night I didn't even make it to Nashville.  Ended up sleeping about 30 miles south of Murfreesboro in the cheapest hotel I could in that area. Free, cuz of the plasma donation card.  Woohoo!!  The beds were great.  I put down towels and wore socks the entire time cuz the carpets were nasty though.  Didn't see any bed bugs so I consider that a win.

Got as far as Bowling Green KY before I had to stop and work for a few...a few hours.  Met a great waitress at the IHOP though.  Lifetime waitress since she was 9 at her moms restaursnt.  I think she's early 20s now.  But she loves her job and loves meeting new people.  I had an anniversary coupon too, so my meal was free.

Found a handful of new Joe shirts along the way.  I think I'm up to 82 now.  But not 100% sure.

Stopped by a gas station to use the facilities. When leaving I saw frozen root beers, so I filed up a cup and went to pay.  Half way to the register, a lady who just paid was leaving with 6 drinks in her arms. 4 in a holder and 2 more cradled in her arms.  I grabbed the door for her then got in line.  The guy asked me, "Do you have a shoppers card?"
"I do not.  Do I need one?"
"No"
Slight pause.
"It's free this time"
I didn't understand so I handed him a $1 bill
"It's free.  No charge"
"I'm confused..."
"You held the door for he lady.  This ones free"
"Oh.  Wow.  Thank you!"

Drove thru Nashville, Louisville and Indianapolis and have not received a single LYFT request.  Odd.

Met up with my old roommate and friend in Indianapolis.  That was fun.  And also a free meal.

Total spent on gas so far to get to Chicago: $75
If you include the 1/2 tank I left with, about $90 in gas to get here. And I still have 1/2 tank to go...


No comments:

Post a Comment